Thursday 15 April 2010

Where do you want to go, and how do you get there?

This is the million dollar question for me and one I've been asking myself constantly since before I started the course. For me it didn't make sense trying to learn this stuff by myself. It was impossible to have work alongside this. If I didn't dedicate my time to this it I would lose interest and treat it no more than a hobby. Being here at uni and living it makes me want to do it more and more. I've learnt so much in the this first year than I never would have been able to do at home. Some questions just cant be answered online. I know I have the skills to be a good 3d artist I just need to hone them and going to uni gives me that chance. Plus it nice to finally talk to people that share an interest in this as non of the people back home have any clue what I am talking about. By the end of the course I should have enhanced my abilities as a game designer, hopefully to a standard that the games industry will recognise and be willing to give me a chance to show them how good and how dedicated I am. I hope to speak to more people within the industry before the end of the course as this will help not only understand the industry better, but hopefully open new doors and opportunities when finding my dream job. Its scary hearing how hard the industry can be but I hope in the next couple of years our efforts and talents will be sort after more.

No comments:

Post a Comment